Exercise 1: Creating Your First ETL Script
In this first exercise of QPR ProcessAnalyzer ETL Tutorial, you will create a simple ETL script which writes "Hello World" to a log that is shown after the script execution is completed.
- On the QPR tab, click Manage Scripts.
- From the Context drop-down menu, select Project. By selecting Project as the context, all models within this project can use the script. For more information on contexts, see Manage Scripts.
- From the Selected Project drop-down menu, select ETL Tutorial.
- Select New…
- Fill in the following properties for the script (for more information, see Script Properties):
- Name: Hello World
- Group: Exercise
- Description: First exercise
- In the Script Code, write the following script:
select 'Hello World' --#WriteLog
- 7. Click Save and then Run to see the result of the script you just created. You will get the following notification:
- 8. Click Show Details >>. You can see that "Hello World" was written into the log.
Now you can move on to Exercise 2: Creating a Report in Excel.