Exercise 2: Creating a Report in Excel
From QPR ProcessAnalyzer Wiki
In this second exercise of QPR ProcessAnalyzer ETL Tutorial, you will write an ETL script which creates a new Excel sheet for "Hello World".
- In the Manage Scripts dialog, from the Context drop-down menu, select Project.
- From the Selected Project drop-down menu, select ETL Tutorial.
- Select New…
- Fill in the following properties for the script:
- Name: Hello World 2
- Group: Exercise
- Description: Second exercise
- In the Script Code, write the following script:
SELECT 'HelloWorld'; SELECT 'Title', 'My first report' UNION ALL SELECT 'SheetName', 'ETL Exercise' UNION ALL SELECT 'MaximumCount', '0'; --#ShowReport
- 6. Click Save and then Run to see the result of the script you just created. You will see "HelloWorld" written into a report in Excel.
Now you can move on to Exercise 3: Showing a Data Table.