Importing Data to QPR ProcessAnalyzer
This page describes how to import data to QPR ProcessAnalyzer using the Data Import view in QPR ProcessAnalyzer UI.
Step 1: Imported File
First choose the file to be imported from your disk drive. It's possible to import csv, pacm and xes files. If importing from a csv file, you need to define, whether the data contains cases or events, or other data to be loaded into a data table. Pacm and xes files contain the entire QPR ProcessAnalyzer model, so with those formats no further selections are needed.
Step 2: Import Destination
Cases and/or events can be imported to an existing QPR ProcessAnalyzer model or to a new model:
- Import to Existing Model: Select a project and model which the data will be import to. You can click the Open button to check the model that is currently selected.
- Create New Model: Select a project to which the new model will be created, and define a name for the new model.
When importing a data table, the target project and data table name needs to be defined.
Step 3: CSV File Format
When importing from a csv file, you need to define in which format the data is stored in the file. If uncertain, open the file to see its contents. Following settings can be set:
- Column Delimiter: Column delimiter is the character that separates data cells within a row. Usually the column delimiter is a semicolon or tab. It's possible to define any character by selecting the Other option.
- Date Format: Date format is used to interpret date values in the csv file. Default format is "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,fff". More information about formatting: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings.
Csv files need to be UTF-8 encoded.
When importing cases from a csv file, the first column must contain case ID and the rest of the columns are case attributes. When importing events, the column order in the csv file must be the following:
- 1. column: case ID's
- 2. column: event type name
- 3. column: event timestamp
- 4. column onwards: event attributes