Installing QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client
This page instructs how to install QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client. If you are installing QPR ProcessAnalyzer Server, follow these instructions.
- 1 Installing QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client
- 2 Installing SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET Version 3.0 dll Files
- 3 Uninstalling QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client
- 4 Configuring proxy settings for QPR ProcessAnalyzer Client
- 5 Troubleshooting Installations
- 6 Enabling Installation Debug Log
- 7 QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client Activation
Installing QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client
- Before installing, check that the system requirements are fulfilled.
- Close your Microsoft Excel and do not start it until the installation is completed. It is also a good idea to save any unfinished work in other applications too, since your computer may reboot without prompting during the installation.
- If you have previous Excel Client version installed, uninstall it first.
- Download the installation package from QPR Product Downloads.
- Start installation by double-clicking the installation package file.
- You can choose between two setup types:
- Complete (recommended) checks which Microsoft Excel version you have installed and install the appropriate version of QPR ProcessAnalyzer.
- Custom lets you select which QPR ProcessAnalyzer version to install, whether you want to install the QPR ScriptLauncher (choose "QPR Connector") for ProcessAnalyzer, and you can also change the installation folder.
- If you selected Complete, the installation will start. If you selected Custom, click Install to start the installation.
- In case you don't have Microsoft .NET Framework installed, it will be automatically downloaded and installed.
- After the installation is complete, click Finish.
Installing SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET Version 3.0 dll Files
- If you have Microsoft Excel running, close it.
- Go to SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/connectors) (credentials required) and download either of the following:
- For 64bit Excel, SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 184.108.40.206 for Windows 64bit (x64)
- For 32bit Excel, SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 220.127.116.11 for Windows 32bit (x86)
- SAP connector may require Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package. Check SAP connector documentation for more information. For example Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x64 is available in https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632. Restart your computer after the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package installation.
- Run the the SAP Connector for Microsoft .NET 3.0 installer.
- Copy the sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll files:
- If you have a 32bit Excel, from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP_DotNetConnector3_x86 to C:\Program Files\QPR ProcessAnalyzer 201X\ (QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client installation folder).
- If you have a 64bit Excel, from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP_DotNetConnector3_x64 to C:\Program Files\QPR ProcessAnalyzer 201X\ (QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client installation folder).
- Start Microsoft Excel.
Note: If you get error Could not load file or assembly 'sapnco_utils.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found., the reason might be that the MSVCR100.dll file is missing and solution is install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. If the problem still persists, verify that the MSVCR100.dll is included in windows PATH.
Uninstalling QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client
- Go to Add or remove programs in Windows control panel.
- From the list of programs, select QPR ProcessAnalyzer and click Uninstall.
Configuring proxy settings for QPR ProcessAnalyzer Client
QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client and QPR ProcessAnalyzer ScriptLauncher communicates with QPR ProcessAnalyzer Server using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). The connection related configurations follow the WCF standard. You can configure proxy settings for QPR ProcessAnalyzer Client by modifying the file Qpr.ProcessAnalyzer.ExcelAddIn.dll.config/Qpr.ProcessAnalyzer.ScriptLauncher.dll.config stored into the installation folder of QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client. For example, in order to setup a proxy that uses current windows credentials for the proxy connection, you may try to add the following setting inside the <system.net> tags:
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true" />
Some further discussion about setting proxy can be found here:
- I have QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client installed, but I can't see it in Excel at all. How can I get it visible in Excel?
- Solution1: Open Microsoft Excel Options > Add-Ins page, select "Manage: Disabled Items", and click "Go". Select QPR ProcessAnalyzer from the list of disabled items and click "Enable".
- Solution2: Open Microsoft Excel Options > Add-Ins page, select "Manage: COM Add-ins", and click "Go". Verify QPR.ProcessAnalyzer.ExcelAddin from the list of available Add-ins at check box is checked. QPR.ProcessAnalyzer.ExcelAddin Load Behaviour should be 'Load at Startup'.
- I have enabled QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client like instructed, but after restarting Excel, I again can't see the QPR tab in Excel. What to do?
- Solution: Using Windows Registry Editor, change the value of the "LoadBehavior" keys in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\QPR Software Plc.QPR.ProcessAnalyzer_2016.ExcelAddIn" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\QPR Software Plc.QPR.ProcessAnalyzer_2016.ExcelAddIn" to "3". Remember to backup your registry before making any changes!
- QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client stops or is closed unexpectedly without error messages. What to do?
- By default, the Microsoft Office user interface (UI) add-in errors message is hidden. However, you can configure Microsoft Excel to display messages for errors that relate to the UI.
- You can use these messages to help determine why a custom Ribbon does not appear, or why a Ribbon appears but no controls appear.
- To show add-in user interface errors for Microsoft Excel https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb608619(v=vs.90).aspx
- QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client activation stop to error messages: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: '!!0 System.Array.Empty()'. What to do?
- Solution: Restart computer. Reinstall .NET. Restart computer.
- After an upgrade, the old excel version is still in used. During the upgrade, there has not been any error message.
- 1. Remove the content from the folder C:\Program Files\QPR ProcessAnalyzer 2018\ and try to upgrade the application again.
- 2. If this does not succeed, remove the content of the folder again and remove the registry entries.
- Search for "QPR ProcessAnalyzer" within the registry "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products"
- If there a registry key called "QPR ProcessAnalyzer 2018 x64" located under:
- [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<hash_code>] e.g.
- "ProductName"="QPR ProcessAnalyzer 2018 x64"
- The key (e.g. [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\825AEC243F5C6474499EE8277A558BF3]) can be deleted. Make a backup of the registry before deleting it.
- The key might be also located in different location e.g.
Enabling Installation Debug Log
If you have issues in installing QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel client, debug log contain useful information for troubleshooting. To enable debug logs for installation, you need to run the installation from command prompt as follows:
- 1. Open an elevated command prompt (i.e. run command prompt as an administrator).
- 2. Run the following command:
"QPR ProcessAnalyzer.exe" /debuglog /log"C:\<log file path>"
- The <log file path> specifies the location where you want the debug log files to be written. Note that you cannot add a log file name to the path to override the default name, you can only define the location for the log.
- For example, if the installation package is located in the C:\PA directory, the command to be run is:
"QPR ProcessAnalyzer.exe" /debuglog /log"C:\PA"
- 3. After running the command, two separate logs will be written in the log file path you specified: InstallShield.log and, depending on whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Excel, PA_x86_setup_log.txt or PA_x64_setup_log.txt.
QPR ProcessAnalyzer Excel Client Activation
- Start your Excel and in the QPR tab on the ribbon select Help > Activate. Alternatively, you can click the Activate button in the Login page.
- In the welcome page, you can select the activation method and you need to input your customer information. You can also view your current activation status by clicking the Activation Status button at the bottom left corner. Input your Product Activation Code into the corresponding field. Fill in also your user information to the section reserved for it. Note that you need to fill in at least all the fields marked with an asterisk (*). In addition, use only Western characters in the form. After filling in the required information, click Next to continue. The information you provided is sent to QPR during the activation.
- The License Agreement is displayed. After reading the license agreement, tick the I accept the licensing terms checkbox and click the Next button to continue.
- Define the activation method. You can choose to activate the software Automatically via Web or Manually via E-mail. You can use a Proxy Server during the automatic activation by selecting the Use proxy server to connect to QPR product activation server check box, and defining the address of the proxy server. After selecting the method, click Activate (or Next, if you selected manual activation via E-mail). In the case you selected automatic activation via web, the product is now activated automatically. In the case you selected manually via E-mail, you need to send the displayed Activation Code to QPR Customer Care. After receiving the Activation Message from QPR CustomerCare, click Next to continue and input the message into the Activation Message section. Then, click Next to continue.
- At the final stage, your new activation status is displayed. Please check that the information is correct and click Finish to close the activation utility.