QPR UI Folders
In QPR UI, each view and panel is stored to a folder in a hierarchy of folders. The hierarchy has a root folder named Workspace, which cannot be renamed, moved or deleted. All versions of a view/panel are located in the same folder, and the folders screen shows the latest version number. When opening a view in the folders screen, the latest version of the view is opened. Folders itself don't have versioning.
If a view is created in the workspace screen, it's stored to the root folder.
Icons in the folders screen:
- Folders, views and panels have separate icons in the left side of their names.
- Locked views and panels have the Lock icon next to the version column.
- Published views and panels have the Globe icon next the the name of the view/panel.
Opening Views and Folders
To open a view, double-click the view row or select the view and click the Open button. Folders can be opened in the same way, and also by selecting it from the left side folders hierarchy.
Creating Folders and Views
- On the left side folders hierarchy select the folder to which you want to create a folder or a view.
- Click the New button and click either View or Folder.
Deleting Folders, Views and Panels
- In the folders screen, select the folder, view or panel to be deleted.
- Click the Delete button and click Yes to the confirmation message.
Notes about deleting items:
- When deleting a view, the panels used by the view will be deleted too, except if the panels are in use in some other view, a panel is not the latest version, or a panel is linked by element identifier path.
- Panels that are in use in a view cannot be deleted (the view needs to be deleted first).
- A folder can't be deleted if the folder contains views or panels that cannot be deleted due to the above mentioned reasons (the contents need to be set deletable first).
Moving Views and Panels
Views and panels can be moved by dragging them from the right side list to the target folder in the left side folders hierarchy. Views and panels can be freely moved to other folders, so locking and publishing don't restrict moving operations. Note that when a view is moved, panels used by the view are not moved (unless explicitly selected to be moved).
- In the folders screen, from the left side folders hierarchy select the folder to which you want to import a view.
- Click the New button, and select Import.
- Select the file to be imported.
- In the folders screen, navigate to the folder where the view to be exported is located and select the view.
- Click the Export button and the export file is downloaded.