QPR UI Release Notes
This page contains new features and fixed issues for each QPR UI release.
Next Release: QPR UI 2019.7 (planned release date 2019-09-13)
- 219158: QPR UI doesn't ask user to relogin when session expire.
- 218899: QPR UI installer supports now TLS 1.2 (also older TLS versions were supported earlier).
Latest Release: QPR UI 2019.6.1 (release date 2019-08-27)
- 219155: HTML presentation objects ContextChange function API is not called when Filter variable is cleared in PAPO.
QPR UI 2019.6 (release date 2019-08-09)
- 219135: The SSO user group login limiting wasn't working.
- 219148: PAPO 2 wasn't working correctly with variables that had Local behavior set.
- 219149: If default view was configured, login could not be done properly.
- 219154: Fixed an issue where incorrect data was set as context variable value after an event type was clicked.
QPR UI 2019.5 (release date 2019-06-27)
- 307548: The QPR UI Folders is now the default workspace instead of the QPR UI Workspace which will eventually be phased out.
- 307648: When deleting a view, panels used by the view will be deleted too, except if the panels are in use in some other view, a panel is not the latest version, or a panel is linked by element identifier path.
- 307014: QPR UI Server has been updated to Java EE 8 and Glassfish is replaced by Payara Server 5.191
- 218842: The JSON validation message on the Presentation tab of the Chart Properties was incorrect.
- 218867: The qpr.runQuery function changed the query object passed as parameter.
- 218936: Clicking the "Log In" button several times created several sessions.
- 219048: It was possible to have two folders with the same identifier in a folder.
- 219060: Fixed an issue where texts in the user interface weren't translated.
- 219086: QPR UI Windows service didn't start in some environments.
- 218618: Security fix for path traversal vulnerability in Glassfish
QPR UI 2019.4 (release date 2019-05-13)
- 307356: A QPR ProcessAnalyzer query is now cancelled when the dataset starts a new query (e.g. when the dataset query is changed), when the view containing the dataset is closed, or when the query is cancelled using the new qpr.cancelQuery function.
- 307550: It's now possible to get the effective context variable values using an HTML presentation object.
- 307578: The default session expiration time was changed to be 2 hours.
- 307536: The folders functionality received some graphical refinements.
- 307624: There now are some additional libraries to use with the BPMN.io diagramming library.
- 218836: Pressing Ctrl+X removed a folder from the folder hierarchy user interface.
- 218955: Fixed an issue where QPR UI was unresponsive after importing a view in the folders screen.
- 219011: Fixed an issue where using the escaped character "%3F" for the ? character didn't work in QPR UI URLs.
- 218992: Creating a new element from a template element didn't work in the Editable Data Grid.
- 218934: A new browser history was generated when using the selectedRowVariable setting and a grid row was selected in the Editable Data Grid.
- 218993: When creating a new element in the Editable Data Grid, the defined default values were not saved when the element was created.
- 218960: Installer upgrade moved the QPR UI installation to the default folder, if the original installation was in a different folder than the default one.
QPR UI 2019.3.1 (release date 2019-04-11)
- 218970: Wrong presentation object could be deleted when clicking the delete button in a presentation object.
- 218706: QPR UI server didn't understand boolean values coming from QPR ProcessAnalyzer server as booleans
- 218848: It was possible to add the same panel twice to the same view.
QPR UI 2019.3 (release date 2019-03-26)
- 307543: It's now possible to define a default view path for a view that is to be opened when a user logs in.
- 307549: It's now possible to check the protocol version of the QPR UI server by either using the REST API or the qpr.clientProtocolVersion function.
- 307551: There's now a qpr.logOut function available for use in HTML presentation objects. The function will log out the current user from QPR UI.
- 307573: The folders functionality received some performance improvements.
- 307474: It's now possible to refer to panels by their folder paths.
- 218497: Filtering based on percentage values didn't work in data grids.
- 218509: Entering a datetime manually to a filter in a data grid didn't work.
- 218592: Column width in data grid didn't get initial value, when there were duplicate header texts.
- 218799: Fixed an issue where QPR UI couldn't recover from a database connection failure.
- 218933: Fixed an issue where "MISSING" text was shown for strings that had existing translation.
- 217667: Filtering of data grids was not working for Android devices.
- 218622: The "YEAR(NOW())" and "YEAR(TODAY())" expressions were not working properly.
- 218875: Colors were not shown in data grids when using Internet Explorer.
- 218900: If SAML groups attribute name was misconfigured, a user could log in to Entice as if the user didn't belong to any groups in SAML.
- 218812: Switching between views in an environment where there were lots of views and panels was taking too long.
QPR UI 2019.2 (release date 2019-02-21)
- 307515: It's now possible to define the name of a QPR Suite (MEA) or a QPR ProcessAnalyzer user group the members of which are allowed to login to QPR UI.
- 307463: The GlassFish settings were optimized. If doing an upgrade installation from an earlier QPR UI version, these settings need to be changed manually.
- 218871: It was possible to modify the panel identifier so that two panels have the same identifier in a folder.
- 218851: Some performance improvements were done for importing views.
- 218789: The data grid export failed when numerical columns contained empty values.
- 218894: Fetching the list of available views was optimized to take less time.
QPR UI 2019.1 (release date 2019-01-09)
- QPR UI installer is now able to make an upgrade to an existing QPR UI installation. Unlike previously, no need to uninstall QPR UI first and define settings again during the installation.
- 307361: There is now an upgrade mode in QPR UI Windows installer, which upgrades an existing QPR UI installation.
- 307489: The QPR UI for Android was updated.
- 307429: Some under the hood changes done on how views are generated.
- 218741: Local or Optional context variable values were not cleared when switching between views.
- 218816: The Mapping tab of a graph could sometimes show incorrect data.
- 218817: Changing the browser window width didn't change panel size when in editor mode.
- 218818: Fixed an issue that resulted in internal server error when selecting a value from an unsaved pick list.
- 218819: Pivot grid mapping table was not updated when a context variable used by a query changed.
- 218820: The "Error in SVG contents of SVG background text field" string wasn't translated.
- 218821: Fixed an issue where reloading the browser window when there were unsaved changes could've caused the view being corrupted.
- 218766: The range colors were not shown in the value settings editor.
- 217389: The QPR UI app for Android no longer asks for superfluous privileges.
- 218823: If a view level stored context variable was changed in panel designer, the view wasn't marked as modified, and the view couldn't be saved.
- 218825: Fixed an issue where internal server error was given and user was thrown to login screen after creating an empty QPR Reporting Expression dataset.
- 218694: Fixed an issue where a local context variable was not in effect when entering the view from another view.
- 218763: The browser Back button didn't always restore the session context.
- 218830: The Selections dialog was setting unsupported properties for session context variables causing the browser title to show incorrect information.
- 218630: Scoped context variable values didn't update if they were inside a repeater.
QPR UI 2018.8 (release date 2018-12-03)
- Views and panels can now be organized into folders allowing to manage them more easily. You can for example create folder to be a team workspace which all users can use. In this initial release, the folders screen is accessed in the workspace screen by replacing "home" with "folders" in the url.
- The folders screen also allows to export views, and there isn't a need any more to publish a view to be able to export it. Also unused panels can now be deleted from the system.
- View "identifiers" have been extended into "paths", which combines the folder path and view identifier. View identifiers need to be unique in the containing folder, and not anymore in the whole environment.
- Views can now use the latest version of panels, meaning that when a new panel version is created, it's automatically in use in views that use the latest version. It's still possible to use a selected panel version. When QPR UI 2018.8 is taken into use, all pre-existing views still link to a selected version, and to change the linking to a latest version, a panel needs to be reselected to the view.
- 307102: QPR UI now has a folders view. This feature is currently an initial implementation, and it allows to organize views and panels into folders.
- 307341: Panel and View version information is now displayed on the View and Panel properties. In addition, the panels in a view can be made to always use the latest version. This way, when a panel is saved as a new version, the change is propagated to all the views that are set to use the latest version of that panel. Also the locking and publishing mechanism of panels should now be less cumbersome, as panels that are linked to a view using the latest version reference are not locked when the view is locked, and the panels using the latest version reference are not published when the view is published.
- 307465: A number of pre-defined QPR ProcessAnalyzer analyses are now available in the left side toolbar of the panel editor.
- 218761: The SAML Signature was not parsed correctly from the SAML Response.
- 218682: Fixed an issue where a published panel could be unpublished, even though it shouldn't have been possible.
- 218772: Fixed an issue where it was possible to set a behavior other than "Default" to the sys:hideViewHeader context variable.
- 218786: Fixed an issue where a "View not found" error was shown even when it shouldn't.
- 218602: Some errors were written to log with an incorrect severity level.
- 218651: An extra tab was shown with IE 11, when QPR UI was run in an iframe, and the user logged in via saml.
- 218674: The context variables with QPR UI link/url parameters disappeared when wrong credentials were given.
- 218744: qpr.importProcessAnalyzerData did not handle pacm and xes files.
- 218683: qpr.setsessionvariables created two browser history entries, when the last parameter was not sys:dashboardIdentifier.
QPR UI 2018.7 (release date 2018-10-10)
- 307315: QPR UI now includes entries for certain user actions in the server log.
- 218679: Fixed an issue where SVG actions couldn't be saved with Internet Explorer 11.
- 218671: Fixed and issue where the Process Path Visualizer wasn't available.
- 218535: Fixed an issue where presentation objects were rendered multiple times needlessly.
- 218608: The space reserved for the "Query" and "Attributes" sections of the QPR Suite Web Service queries was adjusted.
- 218261: QPR UI no longer loads fonts from external services.
- 218593: Fixed an issue with the Repeater preferring tall items inside the Repeater even if they are further away from the desired aspect ratio than wide items inside the Repeater.
- 218654: Chrome browser stucks and runs out of memory when using expression tag and special context variable values
- 218693: Performance for PAPO's data grids has been optimized
- 218528: Bookmark editor had wrong behavior options available.
QPR UI 2018.6 (release date 2018-08-31)
- Presentation objects can be added to a view directly in the view designer, so there isn't a need to open the panel level first. The shortcut creates a panel and the presentation object is located inside the panel.
- There is a new variable behavior: stored variable. Stored variables work like the previously introduced local variables, except the value of the stored variable is stored to the view when the view is saved. The local variable values are not preserved when the view is closed.
- 307287: The number and date formatting in the data grid now adheres to the selected user interface language.
- 307355: Presentation objects can now be added in View Designer. The functionality is such that a panel is added together with the presentation object, and the panel's header and fullscreen mode button are hidden by default.
- 307351: The KPI Analysis feature has new updates to it. The Analysis Menu design has new options that allow for efficient creation of KPI analysis presentations. Menu items have been grouped into sub-groups making finding analysis options much swifter.
- 307293: The context variables received new behavior functionalities.
- 218467: Failed queries are no longer cached, so there's an error displayed every time when the queried data is requested and the query fails.
- 218466: Fixed an issue where the query caching did not take the data source type into account.
- 218457: When editing the repeater contents, the repeater will now show the repeated contents like in the view editor.
- 218435: Fixed an issue where QPR UI crashed when a user without sufficient rights tried to access a certain type of view.
- 218423: Fixed an issue where the dataset data was fetched twice when opening a view if the dataset query contained context variables.
- 218444: Fixed an issue where the repeater contents were redrawn when it wasn't necessary.
- 218489: The installer no longer uses 0 as the value for QPR Suite Web Service URL if the URL isn't given during installation.
- 218440: Text with dynamic tag format in context variable value caused HTML using that context variable to not work
- 218530: Fixed an issue where the effective context was not updated with unsaved Local and Optional values.
- 218472: The error reporting of MEA web service requests was improved.
- 218311: Fixed an issue in the chart properties page that caused a null error.
- 218559: Saving caused a datagrid that had changes to show only one row of data when the datagrid should have shown multiple rows.
- 218589: Fixed an issue where the repeater was not drawn in some cases if the dataset had been defined in the panel.
- 218494: The filter menu on the tabular analyses in QPR ProcessAnalyzer presentation object no longer jump all around.
- 218450: Fixed a bug where the expression tag didn't work with context variables that had a JSON value.
- 218545: It wasn't possible to enter the ( character to the RGB input field in the color pickers.
- 218546: Fixed an issue where the value assigned to the color picker was off by one.
- 218544: Line breaks were not allowed in QPR ProcessAnalyzer JSON queries.
- 218524: The function YEAR(DATE(2018,1,1)) didn't work in the expression language.
- 218605: The solid gauge was not available as a chart type.
- 218603: Fixed an issue that caused errors being logged into the browser console, when a big SVG image was used in the view.
QPR UI 2018.5.1 (release date 2018-07-27)
- 218585: The aspect ratio setting didn't work.
QPR UI 2018.5 (release date 2018-07-20)
- There is a new designer environment for moving and resizing panels and presentation objects much more smoother way. The new designer tool also allows to position presentation objects on top of each other.
- There is an easier to use color picker for choosing colors in various properties screens used when designing views. The new color picker also enables to set the transparency in a scale between none and full transparency.
- 307332: The number and date formatting in the charts and gauges now adheres to the selected user interface language.
- 307316: The color picker component used for example in defining the background color of a view was changed to a more sophisticated one.
- 307329: Data grids that are not present at the view, but which are referenced by e.g. charts are now exported together with the view.
- 307292: The views and panels now can be toggled between viewing and editor modes without locking the view and panels. This enables the designer of the view to check how the view looks like for the viewer users. In addition, it's now possible to have overlapping panels and presentation objects.
- 307283: The QPR UI installer was improved. There now isn't a separate page for selecting whether to create a new database or to use an existing one, as the selection is done automatically based on the database name.
- 218519: The numerical values in QPR ProcessAnalyzer Influence Analysis were aligned to the left.
- 218527: Fixed an issue where using the Enter key didn't apply the change to a context variable value.
- 218425: Context variables were not handled properly on tooltips.
- 218578: Fixed an issue where the Process Path Visualizer was drawn twice when the view was in viewing mode.
- 218581: Fixed an issue where an error was given when saving a new view or panel containing a data grid used as a data source for some other object.
- 218548: Fixed an issue where a data grid wasn't updated when panel was in viewing mode and a context variable value was changed.
QPR UI 2018.4 (release date 2018-06-11)
- 307225: Context variables now have new behaviors bringing more flexibility to defining on which level context variable values are changed.
- 307304: Interface for changing context variables in HTML presentation objects has been improved
- 307288: Charts and Gauges can now be exported to a variety of file formats, including CSV, XLS, and PNG.
- 307278: The tabular analyses (e.g. Case analysis) in QPR ProcessAnalyzer presentation object now have the correct column data types based on the information from the QPR ProcessAnalyzer server.
- 307312: Some under the hood optimization was done to data grid presentation object.
- 307328: The Editable Data Grid now supports entering and clearing dates properly.
- 307303: The bpmn.io library API is available in QPR UI for use in HTML presentation objects.
- 307299: There's now a new Process Path Visualizer presentation object for showing QPR ProcessDesigner and QPR EnterpriseArchitect elements and their relations on a diagram.
- 218417: Error message containing long queries were sometimes displayed out of screen.
- 218283: Fixed an issue where the data grid table didn't take the whole space when panel or view is locked and data grid table is maximized.
QPR UI 2018.3 (release date 2018-04-30)
- QPR ProcessAnalyzer Flowchart visibility settings have been overhauled with a new visual presentation. New stepper elements allow for more flexible flow threshold settings while maintaining a user-friendly approach.
- The ChartView can use the new conformance analysis that is part of the QPR ProcessAnalyzer expression engine. The conformance analysis compares your as-is process (event log) to the as-designed process (BPMN model). You can see the count or percentage of nonconforming cases for different dimensions, such as case attributes, case duration or start time. Also for the nonconforming cases, the reason for the nonconformance is available, such as which events are undesired in the process.
- Editable Data Grid can now be used for creating and deleting Metrics measures and scorecards, and QPR Portal actions. Measures can be created from a template element containing set of predefined settings for the new measure. Editable Data Grid also supports relation attributes, which are useful for changin e.g. parent element, value setting, period or measure unit.
- There is a new mechanism in the HTML presentation objects for quering data without defining datasets, called direct queries. This enables to create more flexible HTML presentation objects, allowing the amount of queries to vary.
- The legacy Offline mode in QPR ProcessAnalyzer presentation object (PAPO) has been removed. The new in-memory core provides similar performance, and in addition ability to process much more data that was possible in the Offline mode.
- The legacy Table presentation object has been removed. Existing Tables are replaced automatically by the mode flexible Data Grid presentation object when QPR UI 2018.3 is updated.
- 306882 & 306883: The QPR UI apps for Android and iOS were updated.
- 307281: The Editable Data Grid now supports creating, deleting, and copying objects.
- 307289: The deprecated Data Table presentation object was removed. Tables from old versions will be automatically converted to Data Grids.
- 218439: Changing the value of a context variable that was used in a dataset didn't refresh the dataset.
- 218434: Dataset cache was not cleared when a user logged out and logged in again.
- 218447: Fixed an issue where a changed panel identifier was not updated to all versions of the panel.
- 218419: Fixed an issue where a panel header referencing a dataset didn't work.
- 218437: HTML presentation objects no longer get reinitialized after resizing.
- 218449: Fixed an issue where federated authentication didn't work when a use had an active IWA session open.
- 218276: Fixed an issue where some properties of a locked panel could be modified.
QPR UI 2018.2 (release date 2018-03-12)
- There is a new presentation object Editable data grid, which can be used to input data to QPR Suite. For example, Metrics measure values and QPR Portal actions can be edited using the new presentation object. It's also possible to set advanced validation rules, which show informative messages when user is trying to input invalid data, e.g. missing or out of range values.
- Tables in Data grid presentation objects can now be exported as Excel, Word and PDF files. Exporting is enabled by a separately installed Data Grid Export Add-on which generates documents in the server side.
- Data grids have new events click and double click that can be bound to actions to change context variables and run queries. For example, Data grid row can be set as a clickable link to another QPR UI view.
- New Dataset tag has been added to use datasets to QPR UI charts. When the new tag is used in the chart JSON settings, it's possible to map columns in the data to chart axes flexible way allowing for example bubble charts with Z axis (bubble size) or have dynamically changing number of series.
- 307220: The Influence Analysis for Case Attributes settings now has a toggle for showing and hiding the detail columns.
- 307203: Contents of data grids can now be exported to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, or PDF files using the new Data Grid Export Service add-on.
- 307284: It's now possible to use only context variable(s) in a QPR ProcessAnalyzer queries, but the used context variable(s) value(s) need(s) to contain the analysis parameters in the correct format.
- 306993: The data grids now support click and double click events.
- 307101: A Dataset tag is used to show a dataset into a JSON format to be used for example in a Chart or Data Grid JSON settings.
- 307275 There now is a new Editable Data Grid presentation object, that can be used to show data from QPR Suite Web Service that can also be edited.
- 218361: Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to log in to QPR UI after QPR UI lost connection to QPR Suite, but when connection to QPR ProcessAnalyzer was ok.
- 218298: The HTML presentation object's dataset interface didn't provide the correct data types for the dataset values.
- 217821: Fixed the HTTP response 404 (Not Found) for waitingpopup.gif when returning to the view designer after freshly creating the view with a panel containing a data grid.
- 218335: The installer SQL server selection drop-down menu didn't contain any servers.
- 218304: Fixed an issue where the Edit and Delete buttons were not properly visible in iPad.
- 218262: The Picklist presentation object now uses its own CSS class enabling other Syncfusion dropdown list customizations.
- 218384: The HTML presentation object performance was improved.
- 218392: Fixed an issue where login would fail in some cases.
QPR UI 2018.1 (release date 2018-02-02)
- Variable and Expression tags can now be used in the chart JSON settings. It enables to set chart settings from context variables and to change chart settings while viewing.
- There is a new expression language function "cell" to get a single cell value from a dataset and show in a dashboard.
- QPR UI view export files don't have the encoding any more, which enables to read and edit export files as they are in a user readable form.
- QPR Metrics and QPR Processes for Masses (QPR ProcessDesigner) ready-made solutions are available as the QPR UI solution package.
- 307268: Places where code and scripts can be entered (e.g. HTML presentation object's HTML Code text area) now use a monospace font for better readability. Also some extra space was reserved for the code editing areas.
- 307244: The various tables (e.g. Case Analysis) in QPR ProcessAnalyzer UI received filtering functionality familiar to the one in Microsoft Excel.
- 307232: The variable and expression tags can now be used in the chart JSON settings.
- 307258: Views are now exported in plain text, and validation is done when a view is imported.
- 307198: The Expression Tag now supports a new Cell function that can be used to get a single value from a dataset.
- 218327: PAPO Grid view row selection issues when opening popup menu.
- 218212: The Datasets tab had some UI glitches.
- 218323: Some obsolete terminology was removed from browser console output.
- 218342: Fixed an issue where QPR UI didn't work when QPR ProcessAnalyzer service was stopped.
- 218309: Fixed an issue where datasets defined on view level ddin't work in repeated presentation objects.
- 218315: PAPO: InMemoryCore: Offline mode shows incorrect case attribute values.
- 218324: Fixed an issue where a dataset wasn't refreshed when a context variable was changed from PAPO.
- 218328: PAPO Missing null check in ModelState.
- 218365: PAPO: Settings etc. buttons not visible in the latest chrome version (automatically updated).
- 218292: Fixed an issue where federated authentication didn't work.
QPR UI 2017.9.1 (release date 2018-01-04)
- 218320: The SAML2 authentication generated invalid authentication request IDs.
- 218258: The QPR UI installer didn't set the provided SQL Server port, but instead used port 1433.
QPR UI 2017.9 (release date 2017-12-21)
- The product name has changed: The old QPR MobileDashboard is now QPR UI! QPR UI will be the common user interface for all QPR products. The old name QPR MobileDashboard is not used any more.
- Federated authentication (SAML2) functionality has been improved, and now during login, QPR UI is able to create new user accounts and set users to groups based on passed information from the identity provider service. There isn't any more a need to separately maintain user accounts in QPR products.
- New datasource to QPR Reporting Add-on expression language is available, which, comparing to QPR Suite Web Service, provides much more powerful query engine, having e.g. joinings, aggregations, conversions, and mathematical calculations. You can even create queries to any ODBC datasources and present data from there in QPR UI.
- QPR UI mobile mode threshold width, which by default is 800 pixels, can now be changed. The mobile mode is disabled by setting the threshold to zero. The mobile mode automatically arranges panels vertically, and disabling it allows view designer to accurately set the view layout for mobile devices.
- Panel headers visual layout has been improved, and also header icons have been changed.
- There is a new function in the QPR UI client side expression language to get useful information related to the environment and user session, for example user name, groups, session id, language and QPR UI url. This information can be used when building QPR UI views.
- There is a new QPR UI Installation Checklist available guiding though the entire installation process: QPR UI Installation Checklist
- 307188: Column templates can be used to define customized columns with HTML in Data Grid.
- 307197: There's now a new "sys:mobileModeThreshold" context variable for defining the width breakpoint for mobile mode of QPR UI views.
- 307160: The federated authentication can now create users in QPR Suite and QPR ProcessAnalyzer and update user information, such as group memberships, in both products.
- 307237: PAPO: There's now a new "DisabledFunctionalities" context variable for using with PAPO to define which PAPO functionalities should not be available.
- 307217: The Expression Tags now support a new Info function to get information about the environment the QPR UI is running on.
- 307173: It's now possible to edit the Name and Privacy of a filter in QPR ProcessAnalyzer UI, as well as delete a filter.
- 307240: Datasets can now be used in HTML presentation objects.
- 218238: Fixed an issue where scrollbars were visible on presentation objects that were generated by a repeater.
- 218134: The automatic Y-axis scaling on stacked charts was not working correctly.
- 218251: Multi-PAPO: Model page shows when model button of one papo has been disabled.
- 218062: When designing a view, a panels with hidden headers will now have the move icon visible when the mouse is hovered over the top header area.
- 218143: Fixed an issue where presentation objects were rendered twice when the view was opened.
- 218187: Fixed an issue where the view area may move behind view header when dragging panels.
- 218123: When a QPR UI view was opened, it was first rendered in wrong layout.
- 218247: Data grid was not updated if a context variable used in its JSON settings was changed.
- 218275: PAPO: Change PA WS methods from GET to POST.
- 218157: PAPO: QPR UI Graphics messed in Influence Analysis for Flowchart.
- 218132: PAPO: Zoom change when item is selected from Variation Analysis.
- 218229: Fixed an issue where locking a panel that has been added to view after the view was saved did not work.
- 218267: Fixed a bug where in certain situation a deadlock occurred in authentication when doing login.
- 218246: Fixed an issue where SSO support was not working with Azure AD.
QPR UI 2017.8 (release date 2017-11-10)
- Profiling Events Analysis as pie chart is available in PAPO.
- New simplified user interface for defining datasets based on queries to QPR Suite and QPR ProcessAnalyzer. In future datasets can be used by presentation objects, such as charts and datagrids. Now datasets can be used in the Repeater presentation objects.
- QPR UI installer has been improved. For example it's possible to define port number for QPR UI server (by default 8080).
- Order of buttons in the presentation object toolbar has been changed. Most often used presentation objects are now on top.
- 307161: When selecting items in PAPO, the "Selected" context variables are now updated without the need to explicitly do the update. As a result, the "Select into UI Context" item was removed from the PAPO popup menu. This means that the TempSelectedActivities, TempSelectedTransitions, TempSelectedVariations, and TempSelectedCounts context variables were removed, and their functionality changed to be in the SelectedActivities, SelectedTransitions, SelectedVariations, and SelectedCounts context variables.
- 307061: PAPO now has the Profiling Event Analysis available.
- 307131: During installation, it's now possible to define the ports used by QPR UI and use the database username in the DOMAIN\USERNAME format. The installer now also offers QPR Suite 2017.1 as the default Suite version when defining the server locations.
- 307196: The order of presentation object icons in the Panel editor toolbar was rearranged.
- 307039: It's now possible to define a Dataset to be used as the data source for a repeater. The dataset is not shown in the view at all, so it's no longer necessary to define a (visible) data grid to serve as the data source for a repeater if there is no other use for the data grid.
- 218091: The Data grid presentation object grouping wasn't working.
- 218059: Fixed an issue where a vertical scrollbar appeared in SVG presentation object.
- 218073: A panel's name using a context variable was not updated after changing the context variable value.
- 218060: PAPO doesn't add transition duration but case duration filter rule type when Duration analysis shows transition duration.
- 218039: PAPO: Analysis window has incorrect width when opening view (splitter issue).
- 218036: PAPO: Web UI shows archived/recycled PA models.
- 218100: PAPO: Once Analysis view show "No records to display" message, then switch to other analysis view is not possible for current model.
- 218159: PAPO: Popup menus don't work in tabular analyses in IE11.
- 217928: Data grid background color (used for example in PAPO Influence Analysis) didn't display in View and Panel editor when using Internet Explorer.
- 218140: Fixed an issue where "Unpublish" action was available for an unpublished view.
- 218121: Fixed an issue with view deletion confirmation dialog being blocked by the File menu.
- 218163: Fixed an issue where QPR UI permissions didn't allow user to login when QPR UI used https connection to QPR ProcessAnalyzer service.
- 218169: PAPO: SelectedAttributeType parameter in PA request has invalid value when switching model and applying filter that requires model change.
- 218001: Repeater data source selection was not rendered correctly in Firefox.
- 218154: The view background SVG was not visible in locked views.
- 218186: Fixed an issue where a user could see another user's private workspace.
- 218227: The size of presentation objects inside the repeater was wrong in some cases causing scrollbars to be visible in the presentation objects.
QPR UI 2017.7.1 (release date 2017-10-04)
- 218125: Saving or locking a view with SVG presentation object with actions was not possible.
- 218126: An exported view containing an SVG presentation object with actions could not be imported.
- 218127: Wrong inner margin was rendered when opening a view.
- 218128: View was rendered in too small size after the view was refreshed.
- 218130: Modifications in an unlocked panel containing SVG presentation object with actions couldn't be saved.
QPR UI 2017.7 (release date 2017-09-27)
- New In-Memory core for calculating QPR ProcessAnalyzer analyses - improved analysis performance that can be up to 20 times faster than previous releases. This is achieved by offloading the memory functions directly to the application server where in previous versions the SQL server handled most of the workload.
- Opening views and dashboards on the Web UI has been improved. The layout component has been added with a more improved solution making the load times much quicker. The login screen and its functionality have been optimized, making the user login experience much snappier.
- New dynamic tag for calculating expressions in dashboards. Creation of dashboards with real-time data, such as date or time, is possible. This gives way for new dashboard creation options allowing representation of data calculated on the runtime.
- HTML Presentation Object added to the dashboard creation tool, allowing for creation of customized presentation objects for advanced deployments. With the SVG functionality of previous release, this extends the Web UI functionality for the end user.
- Common QPR Authentication framework has been improved: When using both QPR Suite and QPR ProcessAnalyzer, QPR Suite session can automatically renew expired QPR ProcessAnalyzer session and vice versa.
- Profiling Analysis now supports numerical case attributes, allowing the user more freedom in determining and defining case attributes relevant to their analysis.
- 307159: New dynamic tag for calculating expressions.
- 306902: QPR Common authentication is improved to automatically authenticate to all products.
- 307178: Arabic translations were updated.
- 307114: A component change was made resulting in locked views now rendering faster, as there are less presentation object redraws.
- 217986: PAPO: The pie (in profiling analysis) is rendered initially too small.
- 217721: PAPO: One extra scroll position / zoom -history entry created when PAPO is initialized.
- 218052: PAPO: flowchart shows incorrect duration.
- 217978: PAPO: Profiling analysis is empty in Analysis window when opening splitter again.
- 217926: PAPO: Duration Analysis in control window doesn't select all "other" cases.
- 217708: PAPO not possible to make multiselection using radial graph.
- 218065: Variable tag xml escaping is wrong.
- 218077: The Repeater presentation object was missing some translations.
- 218043: PAPO: Issue with AnalysisWindowSize context variable.
- 218058: PAPO: Profiling Analysis for Case Attributes doesn't work when using numerical case attribute.
- 218063: Unnecessary vertical scrollbar in right side of the view in Internet Explorer
- 218072: File menu hides behind Panel frame when panel is maximized
- 218035: PAPO: Switch model from filter: Error processing PA request. Invalid column name 'CA_VALUE_1290462'
- 218118: Database conversion from previous version was broken.
- 218119: Some presentation objects disappeared from the view when mobile device was rotated.
- 218026: Opening UI view with several data grids with Metrics data was very slow.
- 217971: Page title displayed a history entry of a deleted view after going back in history.
- 217874: Presentation object container size should be set before drawing presentation object.
- 217936: Presentation objects shouldn't have white background in panel designer.
QPR UI 2017.6.1 (release date 2017-08-23)
- 218044: The sys:sessionId context variable wasn't working.
- 218045: The eapd:Model and other system context variables referred to their prettyvalues instead of their actual values in MEA and PA queries.
QPR UI 2017.6 (release date 2017-08-17)
- The major feature of this release is the support for Multiwindow Process Analysis. Need to create new, custom views for specific analysis? It's now possible with the customizable dashboards offered.
- If you want to take dashboard customization even further, you can now add SVG Backgrounds to views and panels. You can make your dashboards look more impressive by adding a SVG image to it.
- For powerful analysis, the new version offers a table view for Profiling Analysis. For larger datasets with multiple attributes, this is an extremely useful feature as you can easily profile the data with the table.
- If you want to do accurate lead time analysis, you will find the table view for Duration Analysis very useful. The data presented in the tables offers you accurate data and can be used for further analysis.
- Managing navigation and creating links for dashboards has been furthered with the addition of Identifier Support. You can now give your dashboards identifiers that you choose, making your dashboard management much easier.
- For more under the hood features, we implemented dynamic tag support. Dynamic tags allow you to add functional behaviour to dashboards by specifying set context variables. This will lead to more responsive dashboards!
- Finally, we redesigned the zoom buttons. Not only did we redesign the buttons, but we implemented into the analysis window! By adding a zoom button to the analysis window, we now offer you the chance more control on the visualization of the analysis.
- 306959: Views and panels can now have a unique identifier. With views, the identifier can be used to link to the view via setting the identifier as the value for the new sys:dashboardIdentifier context variable. With panels, the identifier is shown when adding an existing panel to a view.
- 307063: PAPO: The Profiling Analysis can now be shown as a table.
- 307012: The PAPO zoom button look was changed.
- 307064: The PAPO Duration Analysis can now be shown as a table.
- 307111: Views and panels can now have an SVG image as their background.
- 217959: Fixed an issue where two confirmation dialogs were opened when changing from a modified view to another by using browser history.
- 218011: PAPO: Value of MaximumDuration of duration analysis in filter name is incorrect and always equals 100.
- 217934: PAPO: Fixed an issue where the "Limit to" field in the analysis settings could be used to enter unacceptable values and could display negative values.
- 218028: PAPO: The Model and Analysis buttons were shown in the Control and Analysis windows even when the windows were hidden by using the splitter.
QPR UI 2017.5 (release date 2017-07-06)
- In PAPO (QPR ProcessAnalyzer presentation object), Variation analysis can be used also in the Control window. It allows selecting variations to compare them for example in the Influence Analysis.
- New analysis types are available: Cases Analysis, Events Analysis and Event Type Analysis.
- Flowchart visibility settings have been arranged into different KPI groups: Case Count KPI's, Duration KPI's and Cost KPI's.
- Repeat content is a new presentation object, which is used to dynamically instantiate variable amount of presentation objects. The repetition is based on data from a query where each row is repeated once. For example, there can be as many charts as there are Metrics measures to show.
- Dashboard have now basic permission control, where users can be divided into two groups, dashboard designers and dashboard viewers. Designers have permissions to edit and create new dashboards, whereas viewers can only open and view dashboards.
- Usage of context variable reference tag has been unified across all presentation objects. There is also a new syntax where it's possible to use different types of encodings depending where the reference is used, such as in JSON or XML code.
- 307067: The Variation Analysis in QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object can now be run in the Control window.
- 307021: The QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object now has Case Analysis.
- 307095: Users in QPR UI can now be separated into two types of groups: those who can create and edit views, and those who can only view the views.
- 307020: The QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object now has Event Analysis.
- 307058: The QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object now has Event Type Analysis.
- 306925, 307028, 307104: There now is a new Repeater presentation object that loops through its data source and creates a presentation object for each row in the data source.
- 307105: PAPO: In the Flowchart analysis, some terms, default values, and button visibility were changed.
- 217899: Fixed an issue where an error occurred when the sys:referenceDate context variable didn't have a value.
- 217884: Data grid unnecessary margins were removed.
- 217873: The header area used for moving panels was removed for locked panels.
- 217916: Fixed an issue that caused panels to have too small height.
- 217918: PAPO: scrolling in long list of influence analysis open the popup menu.
- 217913: PAPO Influence Analysis for Case Attribute table has refresh problem.
- 217824: Fixed an issue where the data grid returned to the first page when the vertical scrollbar up/down arrow was clicked.
- 217855: Fixed an issue where the page title in browser history lost the history information when view Properties were accessed.
- 217973: PAPO now uses the web browser's date and number formatting when showing date and numbers in data grids/tables.
- 217942: Fixed an issue where a changed view name was reverted back to the original view name.
- 217988: Fixed an issue where a presentation object having own context variables was not updated when its data source object was changed.
- 217937: Fixed an issue where panel shrunk when the view was resized.
- 217946: Fixed an issue in PAPO, where the table grid didn't fit the window after switching from Offline Mode to normal mode on Case analysis.
- 218000: Some user interface texts were not translated.
QPR UI 2017.4 (release date 2017-05-23)
- It's possible to change following graphical layout settings for dashboards: view background color, space between panels (view inner margin), space between view border and panels (view outer margin), panel background color, space between presentation objects (panel inner margin), space between panel border and presentation objects (panel outer margin), panel border color, panel border width and border corner radius. (more information)
- PAPO contains Influence analysis for case attributes shown in a table format. PAPO also has changeable analysis settings for Variation, Profiling and Duration analyses. In addition, it's possible to use Profiling analysis (distribution of case attribute values) and Duration analysis in the Control window. Also buttons in PAPO have been rearranged more logically. (more information)
- Data grid's popup menu supports selecting multiple rows and cells. List of selected cells or rows can be stored to context variables. (more information)
- View contains an aspect ratio flex setting which determines how much view's aspect ratio is allowed to change from the designed in different type of screens. This enables the view to scale reasonably in different devices. Note that in the design (unlocked) mode, view uses the designed aspect ratio, and in the locked mode the aspect ratio is adjusted for the screen. (more information)
- Data security improvement: QPR UI user session expires after configured amount of time requiring a new login. If the expiration time has not been changed by an administrator, the default expiration time is 30 minutes.
- New confirmation questions e.g. for deleting views and bookmarks to avoid deleting information unintentionally.
- QPR UI version number is moved from the login screen to the Workspace screen's settings.
- 307015: The QPR UI version number was moved from the login screen to the User Profile menu located in the Workspace.
- 307022: The Profiling Analysis can now be used in the Control window in the QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object to select cases for the analysis in the Analysis window.
- 307003: The buttons in the QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object (PAPO) were rearranged.
- 307008: A number of presentation properties, such as background color for views and panels, were added.
- 307027: The View Properties now has a property for defining how much the aspect ratio of the view is allowed to change from the initial aspect ratio in different sized screens.
- 306951: The QPR UI session will now expire if a server request hasn't been sent to the QPR UI server for the defined time.
- 307013: The Data Grid now supports selecting multiple rows or cells for the popup menu actions.
- 307057: The Duration, Profiling, Influence, and Variation Analyses in QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object now have generic and some analysis specific settings supported.
- 306969: The QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object now supports the Influence Analysis for Case Attributes in the grid format.
- 307030: Duration Analysis can now be used in the Control window of the QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object.
- 217816: Hiding dashboard view using ng-hide causes problems in reading element width and height.
- 217875: PAPO: flows disappear from the flowchart.
- 217838: PAPO: Panel resize handle is on top of panel scroll bar if panel contains PAPO.
- 217891: PAPO: PA interface parameter names should be defined as constants.
- 217808: Fixed an issue where a panel with a long name caused the panel header to obscure the presentation object contents in the panel.
- 217879: Fixed an issue where the view contents were empty after a maximized panel was deleted.
QPR UI 2017.3 (release date 2017-04-12)
- SVG graphics is a new presentation object, which can be used to create graphical drawings containing e.g. shapes, text and images. It's possible to use context variables in the SVG to show data from source systems. It's also possible to bind actions e.g. when clicking SVG shapes.
- Clicking web browser's Back button goes back in context variable change history, so e.g. selections and view changes can be rolled back using the Back button.
- Visual layout of the Data grid presentation object can be changed with CSS styles. E.g. font size, font style and row height can be changed.
- Panel's fullscreen icon can be hidden for each panel separately, which is useful when the fullscreen functionality is not relevant for a panel.
- PAPO has a new window system, containing a control window and analysis window. PAPO contains now Profiling and Duration analysis, and previously introduced Variation analysis works in memory mode. Visual layout of Flowchart start and end symbols have been improved. Also PAPO has a picklist for selecting process analysis model.
- Presentation objects are arranged in a panel as they have been set in the panel designer (wysiwyg layout). It's also possible to set the allowed range for the aspect ratio so that the layout works better in screens with varying aspect ratios.
- It's possible to use context variables in Data grid JSON settings. This enables to bind settings to context variables or set the whole JSON using a context variable.
- Scrollbar has been added to the left side presentation object toolbar so that all presentation objects are reachable also with smaller screens.
- 306967: It's now possible to customize the data grid styling via CSS settings that are defined in the data grid properties.
- 306980: It's now possible to hide the panel full screen toggle icon.
- 306933: Session context changes now go into the browser history, which makes it possible to restore previous session context states.
- 306919 & 306989: There's now the possibility to add SVG images to the QPR UI views.
- 306986 & 307017: The QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object (PAPO) now has a new window system.
- 306953: The Panel Properties now has a property for defining how much the aspect ratio of the panel is allowed to change from the initial aspect ratio in different sized screens.
- 306991: It's now possible to access session context variable values in the External Content presentation objects. In addition, it's possible to use relative paths as the External Content URL.
- 306992: When the URL of an External Content presentation object is updated, the whole presentation object is no longer recreated, it just updates the content to show the page the URL points to.
- 307000: The model shown in the QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object (PAPO) can now be changed via a menu.
- 306999: The Start and End symbols in the QPR ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object (PAPO) flowchart were updated.
- 217619: The QPR UI installer now checks for whitespaces in the service URLs.
- 216876: Fixed an issue where, when the panel is about the same height as the browser window, the panel scroll bar keeps reappearing/disappearing in the view.
- 217646: Fixed an issue where scrollbars were needlessly shown when display settings had bigger text size in use.
- 217687: Data grids were sometimes drawn in incorrect sizes.
- 217693: Fixed an issue where search in data grid wasn't working when the Enter key was pressed.
- 217661: Improved the performance of the Mapping tab of data grid when the Maximum Size of the mapping is big.
- 217735: Fixed an issue where removing a gauge from a view and then after some locking and unlocking operations, the couldn't be saved anymore.
- 217767: PAPO: VariationAnalysis extremely slow on big models / when there are lots of variations.
- 217719: PAPO: flowchart and flowchart influence show incorrect event type and flow costs in in-memory mode.
- 217732: Fixed an issue where the panel name wasn't updated when it used a context variable the value of which was changed by a data grid popup menu.
- 217738: Fixed an issue where the panel fullscreen mode didn't position properly when the view header was hidden.
- 217709: PAPO: START or END box can be selected.
- 217796: PAPO: Layout issue when there is only one flow connected to end icon.
- 217799: PAPO: radial layer missing in influence flowchart analysis.
- 217737: The unnecessary scrollbar shown in data grid when filtering was removed.
- 217771: Fixed an issue where some errors were appearing in browser console after an external content presentation object was added to a panel.
- 217770: Fixed an issue where rendering a panel with a long name that had either table or data grid presentation object in it caused the lower part of table / data grid content to be obscured.
QPR UI 2017.2 (release date 2017-02-28)
- Help tutorial is replaced by QPR UI Wiki available in https://devnet.onqpr.com/pawiki/index.php/QPR_UI_Wiki. For now, Wiki only has the old tutorials's material but in future it will contain lot of content e.g. detailed specs, use cases and concept descriptions.
- Charts and gauges contain now lot of new settings that the dashboard designer can change using a JSON notation. These settings bring comparable amount of flexibility than in QPR Metrics.
- Whole bunch of settings for data grid (table) that the dashboard designer can change using a JSON notation. E.g. filtering, searching, sorting, grouping, paging and column sizes can be changed.
- Data grid contains a new popup menu that can be opened with right clicking. Selectable items in the menu can be freely configured. When an item is selected, configurable actions are triggered, such as changing context variables, navigating to other views and running QPR ProcessAnalyzer queries.
- In chart mappings, it's possible to define that all rows and columns in the data are automatically selected to the chart. This is useful e.g. when the data contains variable amount of columns and all should be included as series.
- New data source to create generic QPR Suite Web Services queries. It allows to use the full potential of QPR Suite Web Services in fetching data to QPR UI.
- PAPO (ProcessAnalyzer Presentation Object) has two new diagram types: Flowchart Influence Analysis and Variation Analysis.
- PAPO has also a new In-Memory mode where analysis is calculated in browser memory instead of in the ProcessAnalyzer server. In-Memory Mode provides huge performance advantages as the analysis results are available in a few seconds. Currently Flowchart Analysis and Flowchart Influence Analysis can be used in server and In-Memory mode.
- QPR Software's logo is used as QPR UI's icon (browser favicon).
- 306911: Chart JSON settings
- 306936: Data grid JSON settings
- 306879: Data Grid popup menu and actions
- 306916: Select all rows in chart mapping table
- 306929: Datasource for generic MEA WS query
- 306947: Tutorial removal and help links to QPR UI wiki
- 306972: Add QPR UI favicon
- 306970: PAPO: in-memory mode
- 306958: PAPO: Influence Analysis - Flowchart
- 306976: PAPO - Variation Analysis
- 306971: PAPO - pop-up menu only with right click or long press
- 306957: PAPO scrolling positions
- 216953: "Container element not found" error message, when reusing existing panel
- 217534: "Dashboard with given id was not found from the database" error when trying to save view with copy of an existing panel
- 217004: "From entity of a model rule not found" error, when trying to use deleted data source
- 217253: Apple app: The Context instance selection frame is not visible
- 217610: Arabic text changes to "???" when exporting/Importing a view with Arabic text
- 217629: Arabic text is a bit too small to read in the main toolbar
- 217649: Copyright year is not correct in installer
- 217480: Data grid renders too small in panel designer
- 217631: Drop-down lists do not work correctly with RTL
- 217231: Error and strange tutorial display when user trying to open the view designer using an invalid view id
- 217527: External content presentation object doesn't say why it's blank when content is blocked
- 217236: Firefox and Chrome: Chart presentation tab has strange layout
- 217579: Internal server error when trying to input large amount of rows to the table in QPR UI
- 217606: UI: Unable to edit panel with PaPo after hiding panel header
- 217451: Narrow white line in all Properties dialogs with IE11
- 217512: Opening panel properties displays the last active tab
- 217670: PAPO: Average duration show 0s for flowchart
- 217613: PAPO: Context menu doesnt close
- 217672: PAPO: creating filter with group by event counts opens variation analysis group by variations
- 217666: PAPO: diagram is different with using in-memory mode and connected mode
- 217669: PAPO: diagram not updated when filter rules are deleted
- 217616: PAPO: Empty value for FilterId context variable causes an error
- 217676: PAPO: flowchart influence analysis difference when in-memory mode is enabled or disabled
- 217683: PAPO: Pop-up menu disappears when some child control of PAPO is focused
- 217654: Pivot grid name is not always changed when pivot grid properties dialog is closed
- 217350: Presentation object size starts oscillating when close to the panel height
- 216757: Presentation objects get squeezed on tablets after rotating the screen twice
- 216569: Query editor selection list layout breaks when the available width is relatively small
- 217637: Range limit column name not removed from value settings when graph column mapping is cleared
- 216837: Range limit name is not visible in small browser windows
- 217658: sys:sessionId does not work in queries
- 217626: Unable to drag and drop panels if the panel headers are hidden
- 217018: When selecting a read-only value setting, pen icon is hidden for all value settings